GAIIFF works with a wide variety of Financial Institutions in the Capital Markets, Banking, Asset Management and Insurance sectors. AWS works with our clients, partners, fin-tech, and financial services providers.
At GAIIFF we’re hiring for highly technical cloud computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and support implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as Machine Learning, IoT, HPC, Batch/Real-time Data processing, MPP systems, Data Analytics and Business Intelligence.
This role will specifically focus on large scale data warehousing and database migration capabilities. The role is to help our customers and partners to eliminate technical and economic constraints from their legacy systems and help them to leverage their data to develop business insights. AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about customer success. Our team collaborates to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
- Expertise – Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Redshift, Database Migration Service, Glue, EMR, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), S3, Relational Database Service (RDS)/aurora, and Amazon Kinesis.
- Solution – Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers.
- Delivery – Engagements include short on-site projects to assess and optimize customer’s Amazon Redshift implementations and helping customers to migrate from their existing on-premises data warehouses using other databases to Amazon Redshift.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- 1+ years of experience of IT platform implementation in a highly technical and analytical role.
- 1+ year of development and/or DBA experience in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS)
- Ability to drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.
- Current hands-on implementation experience required.
- Analyze on-premise OLTP database environments
- Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance.
- Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
- Masters in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math.
- In depth knowledge of Capital Markets, Banking, Asset Management or Insurance is a requirement for this position.
- 3+ years of Financial Services industry vertical delivery experience of contemporary services and solutions.
- Ability to evaluate and plan migrations to Amazon Redshift.
- One of the AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
- Industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences.
- Excellent SQL and strong hands-on scripting (bash, perl or python) ability.
- Experience implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, NoSQL storage, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing, AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC and Redshift.